COVID-19 Travel News and Updates
It is recommended that all participants review the latest advice from the Australian Government with regards to COVID-19 travel restrictions. Domestic and International travellers may be subject to screening measures as required by the Australian Government upon entering Australia, and the state of Western Australia.
Perth Airport is a modern facility approximately half an hour from the centre of Perth.
A taxi trip from the airport terminals to Perth city centre will take 20 to 30 minutes. The journey will cost approximately A$30– A$50
All taxis are meter operated by time and distance and operate 24 hours a day. Taxis are easily accessible from the airport; there is a rank outside both the International and Domestic terminals.
You can also request a ride from Uber from either the Domestic or the International terminals of Perth Airport. Just request your Uber once you have exited the terminal, and your driver will meet you at the pick–up area. A typical UberX (low cost ride) to Perth’s CBD costs A$25 – 34. For more information on Uber in Perth please see here.
A ‘Connect Shuttle’ operates with convenient pick up points located near accommodation throughout Perth to Perth Airport. Tickets are A$15 per person each way and you can simply purchase a ticket from the driver on the day. To find out more and see where the shuttle stops please look here.
Fremantle Airport Shuttle is available for customers travelling to between Cottesloe and Cockburn. See here for more transport options to Fremantle from the airport.
All public buses that operate within the inner city are free of charge. Out of the inner city limits is chargeable and it is advisable to check with the driver when alighting from the bus.
There are also tourist buses called CAT (Central Area Transit). These buses stop at all the key tourist spots in and around Perth and also operate a free service. find out more about the CAT buses here.
Perth is 8 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and does not operate daylight savings times.
Climate and Clothing
Perth’s climate tends to be a dry heat.
- Spring (Sep-Nov): 10-28 ºC (50-77 ºF)
- Summer (Dec-Feb): 17-34 ºC (63-87 ºF)
- Autumn (Mar-May): 12-29 ºC (55-84 ºF)
- Winter (Jun-Aug): 6-19 ºC (48-66 ºF)
Generally, Australians are informal dressers. We suggest you bring a jacket and tie with you for special occasions. A light jacket is recommended for evenings.
Please refer to the information on the social program for dress at social functions organised as part of the Conference, as some of these may require formal evening dress.
Shops open from 0900 to 1730 hours during the week with late night city shopping on Friday until 2100 hours. The largest Shopping Mall is Booragoon and this is open until 2100 hours on Thursdays. On Saturday, most city shops open from 0900 to 1700 hours. On Sunday, most city shops are open from 1200 to 1700 hours and major department stores in the centre of the city are open from 1100 to 1800 hours.
Bistros, restaurants, cafes and coffee shops offer varied menus, prices and decor. Local specialties such as seafood and Australian wines are worth trying. At some restaurants you can keep the liquor bill down by taking your own wine or beer. These are called “BYO” restaurants, an abbreviation for “bring your own”.
Registration fees do not include insurance. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the Conference and book your travel you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include:
- Loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the Conference or through cancellation of the Conference,
- Loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- Loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- Failure to utilise tours or pre booked arrangements due to airline delay,
- Force Majeure or any other reason,
- Medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover),
- Loss or damage to personal property,
- Additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered,
- Medical expenses.
The Conference Managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
The official language for the Conference is English.
The Conference Hosts and Conference Managers have arranged for photography onsite throughout the event. The images may be used for post-Conference reports, case studies, marketing collateral and supplied to industry media if requested. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform the photographer and move out of camera range.
Planning your Travel
Because of time changes and jet lag we suggest you arrive in Australia a few days prior to the commencement of the Conference. This will enable you to relax and familiarise yourself with your hotel and its surrounds before the start of the Conference.
Australia operates under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches), 2017. The objective of these is to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Europe operates under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR aims primarily to give protection to citizens over their personal data. The legislation was adopted on 27 April 2016.
The Conference Managers comply with these legislations and are committed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Arinex will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct the information. You may also withdraw your consent for use of your information by advice to us in writing.
Why do we wish you to provide your information?
We require your information to facilitate provision of information to you regarding the Conference and to facilitate your participation in the Conference. Information collected in respect of your proposed participation in any aspect of the Conference will be used for the purposes listed below. You can give or withhold your consent for each or all of these uses. Please indicate your preferences when completing your registration form but please note that we will be unable to forward any information relating to the Conference or to communicate with you regarding your registration if you select ‘no’ to point 1.
What we will do with your information?
- Planning and conduct of the Conference including arrangements for your participation (e.g. accommodation booking);
- In the Delegate List published for the Conference;
- May also be provided to organisers of future occurrences of this Conference;
- May be used to provide you with information of other relevant events in your area of interest.
- The parties who will have access to your information (subject to your preference selections on above points) are the Conference Managers, the Conference host organisation (points 1 and point 4), delegates, sponsors and exhibitors of the Conference (point 2) and any future organisers of the Conference (point 3).
The parties mentioned above will rely on your above consent indications for the purposes of compliance.
- You may withdraw your granular consent at any time by notice in writing to the Conference Managers.
- You are entitled to access the information held by written application to the Conference Managers.
For further information please see our detailed corporate Privacy Statement.